NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
HOW TO ENTER
- The FOX10 News at 4 Cash Card Giveaway contest will begin on October 27, 2011 at 4:00pm and end on November 23, 2011 at 5:00pm.
- To participate in the contest, you may enter via the following method(s): Watch Fox10 News at 4:00pm weekdays during the Contest. A ten second commercial will air informing viewers of the word of the day. Log on to fox10tv.com to fill out the online entry form. Completely fill out the online form including the word of the day. The tenth entrant will win a $500.00 VISA cash card. Only one entry per person per day.
- One entry per person, per day. Multiple entries do not increase your chance of winning. Only one winner per household. Winners must present valid state ID and sign a release form in order to claim prize.
- The contest is open to all WALA and WFNA viewers who are 18 years of age or older and who legally reside in Mobile/Pensacola television viewing area. Employees of WALA and WFNA (the “Station”), its licensee, its corporate parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, its advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other television stations in the Mobile/Pensacola metropolitan area and the members of their immediate families and households are ineligible to participate or win. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Only one winner per household is permitted in any Station contest.
- Winners must present valid state ID, sign a release form and may be required to fill out a W9 tax form in order to claim prize.
- PRIZES: Twenty (20) daily prizes will be awarded. Daily prize is a $500.00 Visa gift card. Card use is subject to limitations set by the financial institution.
- All prizes or prize certificates may be picked up at the office of the Station at the address below. Following winner notification, gift cards may take up to seven (7) business days to order, process and ship. The winner will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed within thirty (30) days of winning. The Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate. The Station is not responsible for lost or stolen gift cards. The Station will not replace or reimburse winner for gift cards that are lost or stolen.
- There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Decisions of the Station management with respect to the contest are final.
- Daily winners will be selected by 5:00pm of the next business day during the contest window of October 27, 2011 and November 23, 2011. Winners will be notified by phone call following their selection.
- The tenth correctly completed entry will be the daily winner. Entries will be counted in the chronological order in which they were received.
- Odds of winning depend on total number of correctly completed entries.
- Winner need not be present to win.
- Winners must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within ten (10) days of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be chosen by selecting next eligible entry (in the order in which it was received). If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winners. Winners may be required to sign an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent.
- By participating in the contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
- Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, the Station in its sole discretion may require contest winners (and their travel companions, if any) to sign a liability release, agreeing to hold the Station, its corporate licensee, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated corporations, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest.
- The Station reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize or equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement.
- Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in an entrant’s disqualification solely at the discretion of the Station.
- The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest, or in the announcement of a prize.
- Copies of the written contest rules and a list of winners (when complete) are available during regular business hours at the main studio of WALA and WFNA-TV. 1501 Satchel Paige Drive. Mobile, AL 36606.
Sponsor: WALA and WFNA-TV.
No purchase necessary. One valid entry per contestant.
You must be 13 years of age or older at time of entry to be eligible for this contest. This contest is void where prohibited by law.
Winners will be notified by email. If a winner is unreachable after seven (7) days, or if that winner is unavailable for prize fulfillment, an alternate winner will be selected. If WALA-TV cannot find an eligible winner for the prize, that prize will not be awarded.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Automated voting of any kind is not allowed. Detection of said automated voting will lead to votes being voided.
Only one registered account per voter. If multiple accounts are detected for a single voter, they will be disabled and votes disqualified.
WALA-TV reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value.
WALA-TV reserves the right to restrict the local winners to only persons whose primary residence is within a 60 mile radius of the affiliate's' office.
Employees of WALA-TV, its respective parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising sponsors and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of each are not eligible.
Contest entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the contest commissioners, which are final on all matters pertaining to the contest.
Entrants further grant to WALA-TV the right to use and publish their proper name and state online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the Contest.
WALA-TV reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Contest, including information on contestants obtained through the contest, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
The Contest and all of the related pages, contents and code are copyright, UPICKEM, and/or WALA-TV. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
Each winner, by acceptance of the prize, agrees to release all Sponsors, and their parent and subsidiary companies, their officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, and advertising agencies from all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, or use of the prize.
UPICKEM and WALA-TV are not responsible for Internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, electrical outages, natural disasters or acts of man or God.
All results posted are unofficial until winners respond to e-mail notification.
Each winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and will be required to complete an IRS form W-9. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold prizes until completed form W-9 is received.
This contest is not intended for gambling. If it is determined that a contestant is using the contest for gambling purposes they will be disqualified and reported to authorities.
WALA-TV reserves the right to change the rules at any time.
This contest is officially sponsored by WALA-TV.