FOX10 The X-Factor Giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
- HOW TO ENTER
- The 2012 FOX10 The X Factor Giveaway contest will begin on October 22, 2012 and end on November 18, 2012 at 5:00pm. Winner selected by November 19, 2012 at 5:00pm.
- To participate in the contest, you may enter via the following method(s): Log on to FOX10tv.com and click on the FOX10 The X Factor Giveaway link to play. Register and fill in the online entry form. Winner will be selected by random drawing via the UPickem platform on FOX10tv.com by November 19, 2012.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to enter and win. Winner’s guest must be at least 18 years or older. In the alternative, winner may take a child 13 years or older of whom they are legal parent or guardian. Only one entry per 24 Hour period allowed (i.e., 12:01 am to midnight). Contest participants may enter once each day during the contest period.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- The contest is open to all WALA and WFNA viewers who are 21 years of age or older and who legally reside in Mobile/Pensacola television market area. Employees of WALA/WFNA (the “Station”), its licensee, its corporate parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, its advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other television stations in the Mobile/Pensacola metropolitan area and the members of their immediate families and/or households are ineligible to participate or win. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Only one winner per household is permitted in any Station contest.
- Winner must complete and sign a station contest release form and a W-9 federal tax form. Winners agree to participate in station interviews upon announcement as well as other interviews at the station’s discretion. Winner agrees to make him/herself available for interviews immediately after The X Factor event via satellite, internet, phone or any other medium.
- One (1) Grand Prize package will be awarded. Grand Prize includes two tickets to the Season 2 Finale of The X Factor (Wednesday, December 19, 2012 or Thursday December 20, 2012 evening show) in Los Angeles, California, airfare for two and hotel accommodations (one room to be shared by winner and guest). Hotel and airline of station choice will be used. Hotel accommodations are for four days/three nights’ stay and do not include room/guest services, meals, gratuities, room service or any other incidentals. Travel accommodations do not include ground transportation, bag service, gratuities, car rentals, public transit or other transportation expenses. Estimated retail value of air travel: $1600. Estimated value of Hotel: $750. Approximate retail value of The X Factor Finale Tickets: $50 each. Total estimated retail value of Grand Prize Package: $2450.
Flights depart Mobile Regional Airport on December 18, 2012 and return to Mobile Regional Airport on December 21, 2012.
Value of hotel and airfare not to exceed $2500.
- All prizes or prize certificates may be picked up at the office of the Station at the address below. The winner will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed within five (5) days of winning.
- There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Decisions of the Station management with respect to the contest are final.
- Winner will be selected by random drawing on November 19, 2012. Winner will be contacted before 5:00pm by email or phone on November 19, 2012. Winner will be announced on FOX10 News at 9:00pm on November 21, 2012.
- Chance of winning depends on total number of correctly completed entries.
- Winner need not be present to win.
- Winners must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within five (5) days of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be chosen by random drawing. Alternate winner will be selected by random drawing by UPickem platform on fox10tv.com. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winners. Winners may be required to sign an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent.
- By participating in the contest, participants agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize. The Website’s Terms of Service apply to any online portions of this Contest.
- Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, the Station in its sole discretion may require contest winners (and their travel companions, if any) to sign a liability release, agreeing to hold the Station, its corporate licensee, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated corporations, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest.
- The Station reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize or equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Station, any competition or prize-related event is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel or modify the contest and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- Failure to comply with the contest rules or the Station’s website Terms of Service may result in an entrant’s disqualification solely at the discretion of the Station.
- The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest, or in the announcement of a prize.
- Copies of the written contest rules and a list of winners (when complete) are available during regular business hours at the main studio of WALA/WFNA. 1501 Satchel Paige Drive. Mobile, AL 36606. Or online at www.fox10tv.com
Sponsor: Pepsi; 95KSJ; WALA/WFNA-TV